15 February 2013

Crisis averted

I am currently eating the remains of a pizza I bought for my romantic Valentine's day with my cat. I had planned to eat only a couple of pieces so it would last a few days, but unfortunately it was too delicious. This is not the crisis about which I write.

I spilled my beer on my laptop last night. A waste of beer, right? While I pick up my drink when I move my standing computer lap desk, there is no preventing general clumsiness that causes you to just knock a drink over for no particular reason. My reaction was to blow the beer out of the keyboard...but then it went down the back and seeped into the battery connections. I shut it down to let everything dry overnight, and it all started up fine this morning. But with the battery in the laptop, the battery light just flashes orange at me. At least my hard drive is fine!

Now I need to speedily get all the things done that I planned to do last night, like submit an alumni interview report that is due today. Ooops!

3 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Mmmmm.... Pizza....
Scooter and I hung out, I ended up getting her some Milkbones and Pupperoni, but she didn't get me anything... sigh..

Carolyn said...

Have any desiccators at the lab?

Jenski said...

Ron, time for a new puppy. ;-)

Carolyn, I don't think it's wet. My guess is it shorted out. I will stick it in the dessicator and see what happens though!