21 April 2013

Whirlwind

I am pretty sure the last two weeks have taken about a month to get through. I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight after 10 days on the road, but alas. The travel goddesses caught up with me, and I am spending another night at a hotel in VA. Although, US Airways gave me a voucher with no hassle for a nice Hilton, so I cannot complain too much. My cat might have a different opinion after being alone for so long (with my neighbor checking on her).

Last time I posted was a bit on the depressing side. I definitely got myself worked up for nothing, and would have better spent the emotional energy in some other manner. My grandfather's visiting hours and funeral were sad and nice. My Mom is from a small town, and a lot of the relatives still live there. In fact, my grandfather's spouse's relative commented that she did not realize my grandfather had so many relatives. I caught up with a cousin who I had not seen in years, which was great. I had found his sister and another cousin on FB, and he friended me after we talked for a while.

So...I started this post a while ago and then got distracted with Cupcake Wars...and I need to get up in a few hours for my ridiculously early flight...So, here are some photos. Proof that I was off doing things like a bridal shower...
 
...and a trip to where I will be starting a job this summer...
 
  
...and a meeting near Colonial Williamsburg...

Okay, so none of those pictures *PROVE* anything. You'll just have to trust me that they are what I say they are. :-)

2 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Glad things at the funeral were low on drama. I mean those things are bad enough anyway. I will need a piece of the pie to accept that you did any of the things in the pictures you took... just a little pie....

Sparkling Red said...

Holy cow, that pie looks fantastic!

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling more positive now. Heck, everyone's entitled to feel down now and then, but it's good to be able to pick yourself up and carry on sooner rather than later.