14 March 2009

The good list

Despite all my down posts about graduate school, I do keep track of all the good things in my life too. I could write about how awful each week at school is, but instead...

I have a new windshield. It is amazing. I had two big chips (one with a small crack). Then I was changing my wipers and accidentally dropped the metal wiper arm right onto the windshield. I definitely needed a new windshield after that! AND, I have no deductible on glass. I highly recommend accidentally dropping your wiper arm on your windshield if you do not have a deductible on glass. My brother-in-law said he could not do that. His loss. :-)

The big 3-0 is next month and my parents apparently feel all bad that I am "alone". So they still have a LOT of wood to burn at their house and figured the weekend after my birthday would be a good time to do that. A bunch of my friends from different groups are coming. It will be fun! Fire, hot tub, drinking, friends and family, possibly the boy (if HIS experiments allow for it).

It is sunny out a lot, and it is light when I leave work. Granted it is dark in the morning again since the time change last weekend, and so I have not gotten my butt out of bed to get to the gym, but oh well. I've been walking to work almost every day (~one mile each way). It is nice to get the fresh air.

I am at work. Weekends are actually a nice time to be here because it is so quiet. I do have to go check some things off my to do list now though...call the body shop because they messed up my tail light, send of some job inquiry cover letters/CVs, order stuff for the course I assist with...Time to get productive.

2 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

The big 30. lol I'm closing in on the big 40. No party planned here. Maybe I'll get a big box of wine and just drink

Sparkling Red said...

Wow, a birthday bonfire! That's a great idea. Although a big box of wine is a close second. ;-)