19 August 2011

Sunny days

Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is clear
Can you tell me how to get, how to get...

Okay, really I just wanted to share that I really have enjoyed my sun flowers this summer, which made me think of sunny days and then Sesame Street apparently. I get excited when a new blossom starts opening up. The ones in front of my house are starting now, and the ones in the back are going by.

I think it is cool how the florets, as they are apparently called, open starting from the outside and work their way in to the middle of the bloom.
Can you see the nectar?
Pollen!

2 comments:

Sparkling Red said...

Those are such happy, sunny photos! I love it!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Never been a big fan of the sun, but sunflowers are cool cause they are like huge mutant flowers