Back in grad school, and when I was with-ish my ex, but I do not remember exactly when, I kept having related REALLY bad dreams. And I found the link so I do not have to try to recreate what I remember of the dreams and got to read about killing dreams I did not remember. Awesome.
Interpretation of previous dreams: I did not feel like people were listening to me.
Earlier this week (or maybe it was last week?), I woke up from a bad dream, thought that I really should try to remember it when my alarm went off a couple hours later, but also had a sense that this was a repeat.
What I remember of the dream: I was abducted by a man who did not seem familiar. I had another woman with me who I did know, but I did not remember who she was when I woke up in the morning. We were being held in my current apartment, and I was convinced that the grad student in the lab would realize I (or we? maybe the other post-doc was the other woman?) was not at work, and we would be found quickly. The other woman with me went after the guy essentially begging him to let us go as he was going into the bathroom. I was telling her no and that it would be okay, and then the a**hole holding us kicked a dog (where it came from, I have no idea) and the dog lost control of its back legs. I proceeded to tell the abductor we would behave and try to coax the dog to calm down and comfort it. I woke up as I dreamed about curling up with the dog to calm it down on my small rug by my door.
My interpretation of this dream, in addition to the feeling that I had a similar dream, is that I feel trapped. Now let's see if I have another similar dream, or if I have figured out why I was having similar dreams and it will not happen again. If you are into dreaming things to figure out your life, I do not recommend getting abducted and trying to comfort a partially paralyzed dog. Crappy way to start the day.
On an unrelated note, when I searched my blog to see if I could figure out the first series of dreams, I found this.
4 comments:
Dreams are an odd little window into your own mind... well that and some of it is eating that big sandwich before bed ;-)
Don't forget heartburn dreams.
This week I have had a few anxiety dreams which involved losing my wallet and all my I.D. Fun times! Dreams can really suck.
Spark, losing your wallet woudl be such a pain in the butt?!
Post a Comment