I need to just decide about a few things right now so I can stop thinking about them:
Drive or fly back East this summer? I was all geared up to fly, but then I start thinking about traipsing all over the place. Then I start thinking about renting a car to do said traipsing. Then I think that is silly, and public transport could take me everywhere. Then I think think THAT is silly because I HAVE a car and public transport sucks up precious time. I have done the drive (alone) a couple of times. I would have my car, no baggage fees, and could get around whenever and wherever I please! If I fly, I get there in half the time; if I drive, I take the time I would spend on public transport and stick on my drive on both sides. Minimum I have to get from Boston to Rhode Island for a wedding. Ideally, I would also head to the Cape & MV to hang out with my parents and sister's family. Never mind seeing as many friends as possible and maybe professional visits too.
Stay a couple of days after my meeting in June to see CF or no? This should be a no-brainer, but last time I visited him right after my birthday, as far as I can tell, he had dinner planned after he picked me up from the airport, and that was it. I will not go into all of the things that frustrate me about our relationship (or lack there of), but it leaves me with no motivation to miss those days of work.
Make a doctor's appointment or no? Really the answer is yes. My hip has been bothering me for months, and a month of yoga has done nothing. It feels like it is not in the joint right. An improvement from when it started in the fall and felt like something was pinching every time I took a step. Maybe I should have made an appointment back then? Don't answer that... I also get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night and am exhausted. (and I have been exercising and eating well and all that good stuff.) I kinda wonder if when my generic thyroid medicine changing (because I forgot to remind the doc to write "no substitutions") has affected my energy and mood. It is difficult to tell when there is enough stuff going on besides the thyroid replacement to explain the fatigue and stress.
I think I just talked myself into driving back East and that I REALLY should make that doctor's appointment at least...
7 comments:
Doctor visits are good... umm... well not really good, but sometimes needed. The trip thing... I like independence and freedom so taking my own car would be for me, but the other argument has merit.
Ron, plus with my car I figured I could stop and see my Grandmother. And that would be a good thing to do.
Road Trip!! And if it means going to see your Grandma?? DO IT!! You won't regret that time for sure...but you might regret missing it!!!
Yup, if in doubt, visit the doctor. Always a good rule of thumb.
I imagine that by now you've cemented the decision to drive and see the doctor, but I'll echo that you'll regret seeing your Grandmother if you don't take the time to do it now.
I'm sad for you for what has happened to the relationship you have (or don't have?) with CF. Maybe the trip to see family and friends this summer will help.
Bean & Danielle, the Gramma thing was probably the final tipping point. She was diagnoses with late onset Alzheimers, so it will be nice to visit when I can and she can still remember!
Spark, still gotta make that doc appoint...
Danielle, it is sad. We'll see how it all works out.
drive east is good- that way if you hit NYC you can stop by and hang with me before hitting up NE!
Post a Comment