Do you ever watch those home make-over shows and get annoyed that they compare a regular lived-in home as before with the polished nothing-that-the-family-owns-is-in-the-room after shot? I always notice even more when there is a play room or child's room involved. This is my own mini-makeover version. Unlike those TV shows, this was free.
I took down all of my Christmas decorations last weekend and cleaned up.
I could not remember what I had on top of my china cabinet before the big Santa was there. I started playing with the idea of moving my furniture around. This is the before - notice all the random stuff near the door and the crap on the table?
Then I emptied shelves to make furniture easy to move. Vacuumed. Polished the table. Hung all the things I have from my travels after not hanging them since I moved here. I tried to get it all done while there was lots of sunlight to play the other lighting trick they do on TV. Alas. I do like the new set-up so far though!




4 comments:
Come do my place next!!! Well.... all my place needs is a dumpster and I can fix most of it.
You just want me to clean for you. ;-)
Well..... It would be fine if you cooked up some soup too.... :-)
looks great- come do our apt now please :)
Post a Comment