I realized today that I have had a good amount of time for myself, as evidenced by how much real cooking I have been doing. There have been soups and quiches and carrot cake waffles and chocolate muffins and other yummy things. I even made double-decker Knox blocks (with just grape juice, gelatin, and cream) to bring to work. Who remembers those???
Between yesterday and today, I made these easy and delicious potatoes. I put sliced leeks in the cuts and grated parmesan on top after the potatoes had cooked ~30 minutes.
And this turkey and roasted red pepper meatloaf.
I did not follow the recipe or photograph it well, but it is still delicious. I mixed ground turkey and ground beef I had in the freezer, added dry parsley and chopped red chard, and used cooked brown rice instead of bread. Otherwise, I followed the recipe.
For dessert are Chai Spiced Blondies. If you make them, you will not be sorry.
Oh. And I bought this. It is the new Ford C-Max hybrid - basically their competition for the bigger Prius V. Given that my old car was a 2001 Jetta with a manual transmission, manual windows, and no cruise control, I feel pretty fancy and grown up right now.

3 comments:
You need to move closer to me so I can mooch food off of you!! Well... maybe with the new car you can deliver ;-) Congrats!
Ron, do you still want the food even thought there's no bacon??
Hmmm.... well I guess I can sacrifice the bacon part of it or maybe I can convince you to add bacon ;-)
Post a Comment