11 July 2013

So much to say

So many titles I can give the randomness could be this post, but it's getting late and I need some sleep so I can try to get some work done tomorrow. Three weeks tonight until I am living in a new place. It's crazy. Scary. I try not to think about all the things I want to do before then. All the things I could have done.

But enough about work.

My sister is a smart lady. She saw this crush happening and was worried what might happen if I pursued it. Never fear. I wanted too much to be back on the right coast near friends and family to let the possibility of a relationship pop up on my radar for real and keep me in this Midwest town.

As I type this, I am on the FB with one of my favorite contemporaries joking about redecorating his bathroom next week when I will be the second adult with my other favorite contemporary at summer youth "group"/hang out while the former goes to some show he wants to go to. We chat every other night or so on the FB. Sometimes during the work day. Minimally at church because I'm awkward like that. Le, sigh.

The other night, he informed me this should be my new theme song.

Aw.

Last night I think I started saying good-bye to people. It was the year-end handbell dinner. People gave me cards and hugs and it is kinda sad. We met at the home of the woman with whom I was paired prior to joining the church. Her daughter lives in a neighborhood of Boston and teaches school in a town near my sister. Her husband passed away several years ago. She herself was a teacher and just took early retirement at the end of this school year. She encouraged me to ring bells. She feels sorta like an aunt. She keeps track of me and what is going on in my life. I was in my car as one of the last three and she and I ended up talking for another 30 minutes while the mosquitoes had their fill. Over the course of the conversation though, she informed me that the one contemporary, RM if you're still with me on this random story, is going to miss me. I think she meant because I have started being involved with the youth at church and am mostly willing to take on organizational/leadership-type responsibilities and will say yes when asked as long as I do not have something else specifically planned. There is the other 'what if' side still...see the song suggestion he gave me above and any previous discussion of avoiding the over-thinking college woman I was so I don't get wrapped up in the what-ifs and get my stuff written and my apartment packed and my butt moved so I can start my career for reals.

4 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

You are a beautiful woman with an amazing mind. It's sad to leave people and miss some opportunities, but I'm sure you will have many more chances available to you.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

OK... just got a chance to check out the video. Ummm... what stuck with me most is that nobody in that diner had water or soda or coffee... just a bunch of empty cups.

Aim said...

I like the part about your sister being a smart lady.

Jenski said...

Thank you, Ron. That's what I keep telling myself. As for your second point, the owner was probably glad she was leaving - she wasn't keeping the customers watered?!

You would, Aim. You would. ;-) For the record, I'm not saying I didn't myself know that I had a crush on him. :-p