But I heard this song on the radio on my way home. I teared up and had one of those aha! moments.
This is why I hesitate to risk putting myself out there.
When I heard these final lines in the song, I thought that I have felt that way before, and I don't feel like that was reciprocated. Maybe my actions did not exhibit the emotion behind them enough? I do not really know, but I am not sure that someone has felt this way about me, and I teared up. [To be fair, I bet that my high school boyfriend did feel this way, but given our young age, didn't know how to fight for us and get my 19-year-old-self to grow up.]Girl can you tell me
the one thing you'd rather die than lose?
'Cause mine would be you.
Mine would be you.
When this song came out, the whole thing made me cry. Then, when I stopped being angry and hurt about my last relationship, I would hear it wish that someone felt (or acted) this way for me; it gave me a sense of longing. Now, apparently, it does what I am sure therapy could have done two years ago and gave me a chance to articulate why I shy away from the possibility of another relationship.
Music is cheaper than therapy.
3 comments:
I felt that way about someone and it was in no way returned. A part of me fully understands that and another constantly looks back waiting for her to come back.
Sometimes my husband drives me crazy, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but at least we can always count on mutual love. It's the best thing, even when you're furious at each other.
Now you know what to look for (and what you are capable of giving) ...don't settle for even one minute for something you know is anything less.
Post a Comment