I was just going back to look at the various recipes I have lauded on my blog, because I could not remember posting one that had meat in it. Every once in a while someone will be surprised by my eating meat. I am not a vegetarian, but I do cook a bunch of different things and do not feel the need for meat a lot of the time. Plus good meat gets expensive, and I am a grad student after all.
Before I started graduate school I was working as a research technician. We fit in a bunch of long days the summer before I left to get as much data before someone new started who did not know the routine. A group of us were staying late one night to collect data and I was starving. I started talking about this amazing steak my father had grilled for me, along with some portobello mushrooms, that we had with a nice cold beer after moving he an my mom into a temporary living space. The scientist-in-charge (i.e. PI) was looking at me funny and said, "I thought you were a vegetarian. Apparently not."
Then there were two nice dinners out when I had meat wrapped in bacon - venison wrapped in bacon and pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. I find the latter particularly interesting - why not wrap pig in pig an eat it? Everything is better with bacon too. Or chocolate. Never combined, though.
The short version of this [Jen story*] is that I am in no way vegetarian, but I do eat lots of vegetarian stuff. And chocolate.
*See profile
1 comment:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaacon.
and steaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak.
yum
Post a Comment