09 August 2009

Annoyer

I'm the annoyer. Lexi is the annoyee. :-)
I mean come on though. She could humor me and play with one of the toys?!

Do you think she's put on weight since I got her?

Also, I guess after doing this, I deserved the giant bruise on my arm. (Note, these incidents were WEEKS apart though.) I was petting her in bed last week and she latched on to my arm with her claws before jumping down (unnecessary much?). When I got up and looked at it, my arm was dripping blood. I am pretty sure she got a vessel, because I put pressure on it, it stopped, it bruised, and the hole she left healed really quickly - just like when you have blood drawn. :-( Anyone have tips on cutting your b*&%chy cat's claws?

Like how I'm just posting a bunch all at once? :-)

3 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Hmmm... I've never cut a cat's claws. The best guess I have is to throw her on the curtains and then pull her down quickly. I'm pretty sure there is an easier and more humane way to do it though.

Sparkling Red said...

It's a lot easier to clip kitty claws if you can get someone else to hold the kitty. It's best of they hold the cat over their shoulder like a baby. Then you take one paw at a time, press down in the middle pad to extend the claws, and clip off just the sharp tips. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it. A lot easier than giving a cat a pill.

Jenski said...

Ron, I don't think my curtains are sturdy enough to withstand that method.

Spark, she goes after your hand the second you touch a paw. :-( In the winter I resorted to wearing heavy sweatshirts she couldn't get through and putting her in a headlock.