12 February 2010
I wonder if...
...cleaning personnel is trained/asked to/told to/etc. wipe down door knobs, handles, and light switches. I would think that this would have been added to the public health initiatives that were so widespread when H1N1 broke out. I mean washing your hands, using paper towels to open doors, etc. helps, but still. Also, if there were schools or places of work that did this and saw a lower transmission, was it attributed to these basic preventative measures or to some rate of immunization? I think that cleaning doors and light switches would be a good general practice for all public and private spaces. Add it to your cleaning "To do" list.
Labels:
random,
something to think about
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've heard that people who carry their own pens for signing credit card slips instead of using the public pen provided at the cash register catch 60% fewer stomach viruses.
I see the value of sanitizing doorknobs and light switches, but they'll only be as clean as the last person who used them, so if they only get wiped down once a day it won't be a huge improvement.
Those temperature printer things that are so common for receipts now also have stuff that comes off on your hands that can be an endocrine disruptor. So, if you don't need a receipt, you're better off not getting one and not touching the pen, I guess!
With the wiping, that is true - one of my friends started doing it at home though and didn't get her boyfriends illness. Using paper towel to open doors is a practice I have adopted and I kinda wipe the handle when I open it. Every little bit helps?
Post a Comment