From a grad student apple picking trip last fall.
17 February 2010
On display
I was at Tar-jay when they had their big Deals section and picked up a set of 8 black 4x6 frames for some low price I cannot remember now. I had this great idea to print out some pictures I had taken and hang them somewhere. My bathroom is small, probably about right for 4x6 pictures and needs stuff on the walls. I also like how one of my friends has some brown/green colors going on with her own photos in her bathroom, so I guess I am copying her a bit.Anyway. Here is my bathroom. I picked out the curtain because it is colorful but not super busy. (As an aside, I also really like picking out shower curtains when I move into a place. In my last apartment, it ended up matching my cat when I got her.) How to choose pictures though because I do not think I have many pictures of square-shaped things (though I could check).
I actually had printed some pictures before I remembered while writing this that I had thought to hang them in the bathroom. I am not sure they really go with the curtain.
From a grad student apple picking trip last fall.
From my sister's garden at my niece's birthday party.
What I like to think of as a very fortuitous moment in my friend's kitchen. It was New Year's Eve but I still had my wits about me enough to take some photos of this rose fallen into her dishwasher.
A leaf (obviously) when I headed to Niagra Falls this summer and met CF's Mom and sister who were visiting (have I mentioned he is not from the U.S.?)
So those all have some red in them, but the difference in shape between an apple and a maple leaf bothers me. Here are some other contenders I have not actually printed.



Really this is just a post of a lot of pictures I have taken and like with lots not included. I almost wish I did not have a shower curtain already and I would probably go with something red and/or green. I could just stick with roses or leaves I suppose. If you have some brilliant decorating idea inspired by my bathroom and photos, do share. :-)
From a grad student apple picking trip last fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
my recommendation is that you get all of them cropped/printed. Once you have them, you can see how well they printed and if it actually will work to have them together.
One other idea, you might turn them into "sepia", black and white, or colors that sort of match your shower curtain and focus on the texture of the images instead. Sometimes I end up surprised with what you notice in a B&W image. I think that the leaf/flower ones might be like that for you.
One last thing, you have memories attached to all of these. Sometimes, for me, that is more important than having color coordinated decorations. I know that I have some collages on my fridge of family and flowers. Even though they are years old now, they always make me smile.
I can't really say that about everything. so, keep that in mind as you go about framing them! :-)
Danielle, I'm going to try them in BW/sepia and play with them more. Thanks!
Post a Comment