10 December 2010

Random good

1. The final product after I brought my tree home!
 2. Groupon. If you have not heard of it, check it out. One groupon I bought was $15 for $33 of produce (organic) delivered to my home. Almost tempting to sign up for the service, but for now, I will stick to the cheaper grocery store produce. Anyway, Here is the list of what I got earlier this week:
This is what it looked like:
All unpacked with other stuff I already had:
With the fennel, I made a potato fennel soup that was delicious. I, of course, did not follow the recipe to a T. I used some veggie broth, no fennel seeds, and did not use a blender, just a hand masher to make it chunky in the pot. Quick and easy.

3. A childhood friend on FB is doing something fun. If you message her a number, she will post her take on you on her wall. This is what she wrote about me:
Spending time with your family as child made such a positive impact on me. I LOVED being at your house. It seems as though you are truly making your mark on world. You are so smart, and you seem to be truly happy. I always knew you would. You are still the sweet kind girl I knew all those years ago.
4.  While my grant reviews were odd, I have a phone appointment with my Program Officer. My PI was also quite surprised that they made such a big deal out of my undergrad grades. She and I discussed how all of their concerns were addressable. Then she also suggested I start thinking about a paper to help me focus on the experiments to complete figures, maybe even write an introduction and methods. She thinks it is feasible to have a decent draft by the next submission date in April. Holy crap!

5. A good haircut.

6. Window "candles" that have sensors so they come on at night and go off on their own in the morning. So much better than trying to round up more plug-in timers.

6. Christmas is just a couple of short weeks away. Lots to do before then! An NFL game, CF work party, a trip to see the lights up at the zoo, and some experiments to get done for a meeting in January!

4 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Ummm.... that's a lot of vegi's!

Sparkling Red said...

1. Ooh, the tree looks so pretty!

2. I love wegetables! I wish I could have some of that soup.

3. That is incredibly sweet. Now there's a Christmas gift you'll remember!

Danielle said...

Your tree looks great!

And the groupon thing is really interesting. My frustration with farmer's markets is that you often have to buy like 6 or 8 tomatoes when I really only can eat 1 or maybe 2. I'd rather have a little bit of a bunch of things than a lot of one thing.
very cool!

VW said...

You're speaking to a fellow Groupon-addict here! :)

Love all the produce! Yum.