28 November 2012

What would you do? A quiz/survey!

Please vote in the quiz! I am curious to know how many people read somewhat regularly! Your answer will not be graded...

So pretend you've been in this relationship for approximately 3.5 years. Approximately. And you live quite a distance from the person with whom you are in this relationship. It has been a rough year. You both have a lot of things to worry about with your careers. Travel is complicated because it's sorta close enough to drive, sorta easier to fly,but regardless of how you travel you lose most of a day. You have to worry about out when to see each other and also family or friends or your visa status or doing laundry or your cat or washing your hair.

After briefly conversing about holiday options, you send an email suggesting that your relationship partner gave you the "cold shoulder" about Thanksgiving and also write about some visa stuff. (As in the I'm-a-foreigner-Visa, not I-need-a-credit-card-visa. TOTALLY hypothetical, like I said.) In response, the other person tried to call on his/her way home later that night, then writes back about why they have not given input, but also makes a statement that, "I just got home and want to relax in front of the tv with some tea before going to bed, so if you feel like talking on the phone for a change tomorrow night, let me know."

What would you do?

If the end of an email you received said, "if you feel like talking on the phone for a change tomorrow night, let me know," would you:
  
pollcode.com free polls 

There are a couple of options that are more (hypothetically) life-like than the others. Do you pick what you would actually do or what you think someone in this simply hypothetical situation would do? Either way, it's getting late and I can't wait up hoping you'll call...I mean vote...





[As an aside, it is fun to go back and look at tags I have not used in a while! I learned something about my younger self by reading posts from 4 years ago. Funny, that.]

3 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

I think I am the last person in the world to have a valid answer to this hypothetical survey. Hope you find a good answer to this question.

Miss Bee said...

Oh, deary deary dear.

Danielle said...

The holidays are so charged with expectations. It is a challenging time of year.

I don't know what you ended up doing, but I hope that some honest communication and some progress toward understanding was made.I wish you well on this aspect of your life.