27 January 2014

Playlist

I have mentioned plenty now that I have been running. I only ran twice last week, but when I did I ran 4.85 and 4.5 miles, and when I have a decent run, I average 11 minute miles. The half marathon I am slowly training for must be completed in under 3 1/2 hours, which I could probably do if I was walking my fast speed. My goal is to to do it in less than 3, and if I can train to run it at 11 minute miles, I should break 2 1/2 hours. When I put it that way, I actually think I can do it. I ran for almost an hour the other day and felt like I could have pushed myself to keep going, but felt like stopping and going home. (I run on campus at work when it is night time.)

I have slowly been building an eclectic playlist to which I can run. It even includes Jim Croce. I had last thought I needed to try running without music because a couple of my runs were terrible, but I think I have realized it is not the music, but running first thing in the morning that is currently terrible for me. Here is the current line-up, clocking in at 3 hours and 4 minutes of music. A couple are better for fast walking (like Tik Tok), but I just count those as built in breaks when they come on my ipod.

Title                                                                         Artist              
Smooth Criminal Alien Ant Farm
Little Plastic Castle Ani DiFranco
Long Way Antje Duvekot
Show Me How To Live Audioslave
What You Are Audioslave
Like A Stone Audioslave
Roam The B-52's
You Lie The Band Perry
Walk away Ben Harper
Crazy Britney Spears
The Distance Cake
Last Name Carrie Underwood
Before He Cheats Carrie Underwood
Moonshadow Cat Stevens
Come on Over Christina Aguilera
A Thousand Years Christina Perri
The Scientist Coldplay
I'll back you up Dave Matthews
You & Me Dave Matthews Band
Independent Women Part 1 Destiny's Child
Survivor Destiny's Child
Hunter Dido
Passerby Dispatch
My Immortal Evanescence
Low (feat. T-Pain) Flo Rida
Got You (Where I Want You) The Flys
Name Goo Goo Dolls
Acoustic #3 Goo Goo Dolls
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams Green Day
I Won't Give Up Jason Mraz
Time In a Bottle Jim Croce
Sky Joshua Radin
What Goes Around.../...Comes Around Interlude Justin Timberlake
Tik Tok Ke$ha
Sweet Thing Keith Urban
I Try Macy Gray
Girl Like That Matchbox Twenty
Its gonna be me N Sync
Nightingale Norah Jones
Throw Your Arms Around me Pearl Jam
Every Rose Has Its Thorn Poison
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of U2
Leave the Pieces (Album Version) The Wreckers
Mary Zac Brown Band
Highway 20 Ride Zac Brown Band

2 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

A lot of good songs on there.

Jenski said...

Thanks! It's a list that can surprise you when it's on shuffle.