26 January 2014

Snippets

BIL guy and I have some funny conversations. He is in white; I am in blue. This was the night before we headed out of town together for a couple of days.
I think the most memorable conversation of that weekend was (again) talking about the months and months we hung out as friends. He asked if I thought he was gay, and I told him that while I had joked about it with my aunts, I was pretty sure he was not. Later when he referred to a situation, I pointed out that it was back when he was gay and we had a good laugh.

This was after we spent the weekend together out of town.
BIL guy loves mac and cheese, and apparently is a big fan of boxed mac and cheese. We recently discussed my and my friend's use of plain Greek yogurt in Annie's mac and cheese. If you have not tried it, you must. (While he was skeptical about this combination at first, he ended up thinking it was delicious.)

BIL guy then spent the week deciding what, besides my mac and cheese, would go with the pulled pork. He thought maybe corn on the cob, but apparently I have told him about how I am a corn on the cob snob (as in I only like it fresh). Dude remembers way too much?! I asked him what else I had been snotty about, and he at least pretended not to remember anything else. (Sometimes I think I am like a stererotypical guy, because I am pretty sure I do not remember as much of our conversations. I felt better when we went to brunch and I remembered we had been there before for drinks and he did not.)

Anyway. This was his reason for cooking something that would take all day.
And he meant it. Classes start tomorrow, and he said he couldn't wait to hear how it went.

No comments: