19 February 2009

A yearly tradition

Someone always gives me an amaryllis for Christmas. It has been my grandmother, my sister, my parents, and my cousin in the past. Every year the flower is a little different. I do not have pictures from 4 years ago or before because I did not have a digital camera. Here are some mediocre pictures of the past few years though.
I like this year's. It is not quite as bright as the past years.

7 comments:

Emma Gorst said...

we need colour like that in winter!

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! What a nice tradition.

Anonymous said...

Yours already blossomed? You must have planted it right away. I planted mine this week...when I noticed a shoot trying to come out a hole in the box. :-)

Sparkling Red said...

I had an amaryllis once. I used to sing to to it: the tune of Falco's "Rock me Amadeus", of course changed to Rock Me Amaryllis!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Oh my!!! I think I saw a stamen.... That's positively indecent.

Jenski said...

Aurora, yes! Amaryllises grow so fast, so it isn't too late for you. :-)

Kalki, flowers are that much better when it is cold and snowy out.

Amy, I had to get rid of the box. :-)

Spark, that is very clever. I like.

Ron, you know more science than you let on.

Danielle said...

Oh, I love amaryllis! I had one years ago and lost the digital photos (I think when I switched computers), which was a real shame.

But it was beautiful while I had it.