I am submitting a training grant in three and a half weeks and originally intended to have a draft done by now. My PI is not too worried about it, as I bring it up when we meet and she says, "Oh, there's plenty of time." I take this to mean the things that I have written so far lead her to not worry about major revisions; she is also really good about turning things around. Today I managed to get two more parts (1-2 pages each) done. Because it is a training grant, they have your write little bits about all sorts of stuff like your research experience, any instruction in responsible conduct of research, your career goals, a training plan, etc. Although the research plan is about half the length of a real PI grant, so I guess that makes up for it.
Anyhoo. While two more parts drafted is great, I still have not started to tackle the 6-page research plan, and I did only start working on this new-to-me research topic 7 months ago. I should have read a lot more in the past few weeks to get ready for writing. Instead I procrastinate.
This morning I made rhubarb yogurt muffins (delicious...I don't really have a recipe...I combined a couple plus just added rhubarb instead of berries), went for a run (you know I am seriously procrastinating if I run), did a load of laundry, made out the cars for weddings this month, bought stuff for my car, took a time point at lab, listened to the World Cup game while I "wrote", went shopping (Ann Taylor Loft is having a great sale, FYI), and came home and made a squash and chicken enchilada casserole (another recipe combination that turned out well). When I stopped at the grocery store, I even checked to see if there were any red box movies I wanted to rent, but alas. And the TV stinks tonight. So you get a blog post. :-)
Now it is 10:00 and I want to go to bed so I can get up early to start my day: a run, farmer's market, cherry farm if there aren't any at the market, Sunday paper, another load of laundry, take a time point at lab, listen to the World Cup game, convince myself I have enough left-overs in the fridge and do not need to cook, and WRITE. I think I should work on one more part so I do not have bad dreams about it and get a good night's sleep.
If I owe you an email and/or a phone call, am supposed to get plane tickets/a wet suit/make plans with you/set up skype and let you know the details of any of that, or something else, I have it on my list and just might get to it before I finish my draft of my grant bits.
Also, if you have a blog that I read. Do post. It will give me something to do. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment