16 May 2011

Muffintop

Not that my schedule has had anything taken out, but the birthday party we were going to have for CF on Saturday was postponed (per his request and it was crappy weather for a fire so it will work out). Actually, now that I think about, its postponement just extends the scheduling to the weekend after I get back from Boston. Anyhoo. We postponed it because when we planned it, we did not know that one of the grad students who just graduated from his department is moving to Canadia and planned to meet up a bar after her Pampered Chef party. So we went there instead. But I had already bought groceries. So I was left with lots of sour cream and strawberries (not initially planned for the same thing).

I made strawberry sour cream muffins. Go figure. Only, instead of following the recipe exactly, I used 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup honey, strawberries instead of blueberries, some vanilla, some spices, a little less flour than it calls for and a heaping tablespoon of flax seed and some gelatin (trying to get those nails growing better). I also made the recommended 12 muffins, so the cups were nice and full with big muffin tops.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yum! I want to live near you and have more parties get canceled!

;-)

D

Jenski said...

Hahah - It's an easy recipe! :-) It did occur to me that I could still make the cake for which the sour cream was intended on CF's actual birthday, but now I've gone and used it all.