22 January 2012

Karma, Part II revisited

Dear Jenski,

Happy New Year!

I am the lady that you gave your BB&B coupons to. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated that act of kindness. You saved me alot [sic] of money. It was the Christmas season and you definitely spread your Christmas cheer! Thank you! :-)

Lady*

* Names have been altered

I had this Thank You card in the mailbox on Saturday. I think the woman must have noted my address on the coupons. I got the warm fuzzy feeling all over again for doing something so easy to make someone happy. Seriously all I did was walk to my car and grab coupons while she held my stuff!


This weekend, I shoveled all around my downstairs neighbors' cars after a couple of inches of snow and their walk way. When I came home later, they had spread extra salt all over, including on the walk to my stairs. Neither of them are particularly in shape, in any stretch of the word. I am happy to save them a shoveling-induced heart attack in exchange for more exercise on my part and salted walkways!

"Pay" it forward, even in simple nice acts. It does come back to make you feel good about yourself all over again.

6 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Little gestures will sometimes restore some faith in the world.

April said...

Just one of the many things I love about you.

Sparkling Red said...

Absolutely! Small acts of kindness are what keep us going in good times and bad. :-)

Danielle said...

What a total day brightener for you! And it makes me smile just reading about it.

Lynmittsky said...

something so easy, could really make someones day. no hand basket for you my friend, no hand basket for you. you glorious lady you! xo

Jenski said...

See, and I hoped people don't think I am tootin' my own horn or something, but it makes even MORE people smile when they hear the story...I think...