24 October 2012

Thank offering

One of the groups at church passes out little Thanksoffering boxes that are collected around Thanksgiving. You are supposed to put money in every time you are thankful for something during the fall months, and I believe they are returned on stewardship Sunday. I had put change in it here and there.

My parents came to visit for the weekend, and my Dad emptied his change into it. Seemed appropriate - we visited a museum, an art/craft fall fair, a couple of small towns in the area, a great restaurant, and hung out.

I just emptied my wallet into it yesterday. It was again appropriate. I went to NYC and got to see lots of friends and eat good food and they all humored me and did touristy things. I miss them all and was very thankful to see them.

If I had change I would put some more in there this evening for time spent with my confirmation mentee. She is two weeks shy of 14 years old, a cross country athlete, and full of energy. I think the next time we meet, I will have a coffee before so I can be more her speed. I think I used the word 'like' enough though. Her Mom, like, made us chocolate chip cookies and lemonade. No joke.

Other things that I have had fun with? I have enjoyed my smart phone. I am slowly being less obsessed with checking it all the time. Angry Birds has been bad for my productivity. I took some photos and used Instagram while in NYC at Brooklyn Brewery...
...and a random building near where we had Sunday brunch. The sky was blue; the building had cool masonry, and the clock had no hands.

2 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Hmmm.... I would certainly be thankful for chocolate chip cookies. Like fer sure...

Danielle said...

All the things you did with your family and friends sounds really great. I love playing tourist.

It's also easy to forget to be thankful.
Finally, I still say "like" all the time too, and I notice it is worse when I'm talking with students in a more casual setting (clubs, research).