16 November 2008

Gosh I'm shmart*

[The boy needs a nickname. Those of you who hear more stories than I write here have any ideas????]

Recent conversations between the boy and I:

Boy: I really should be more dedicated to my research!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't get motivated! So I'm drinking wine now

Jenski: It's easier to drink wine and work on the class we went to in MT, than it is to drink wine and think about research. Do you think philosophers are just drunk all the time?

Boy: Or stoned?

Jenski: And we are getting doctorates of philosophy - doesn't that mean we are supposed to be philosophers? Which means we should be able to be drunk (or stoned) all the time? Sometimes I like the way I think.

Boy: That's a great philosophy!!

Jenski: Well, I need to get my butt in gear with the research too

* The boy always tells me I am "shmart".

4 comments:

KHC said...

Cheerios?

Miss Bee said...

How about "Farm Boy"?

Warped Mind of Ron said...

You could call him Socrates, I mean he is a philosopher isn't he? LOL

Danielle said...

You could always use his initials, but that isn't nearly as interesting as finding a characteristic or a joke that the 2 of you shared together.

By the way, I'm trying to remember where you went that you met him. This was the teaching thing that was part of a fellowship? I remember there being some different trips you went on this year and they are eluding me.