03 March 2011

No Joke

This is the FB interaction I had with the Ex after I reposted a friend's picture of her stolen rings to my wall. I can understand the initial confusion if you are using a FB app on a phone, but he just does not know when to stop.

You can't make this crap up. Had to share. Enjoy.
Ex: Holy smokes! Your rings?? Congrats -- I think.

Jenski: No - an old friend who lost them/they were stolen.

Ex: I've been waiting for you to make the big announcement. Any month now??

Jenski: Geez, I told you I would tell you so you wouldn't find out on FB. Life doesn't move very fast when neither of you has money for anything.

Ex: Damn. How big of a ring do you need?! Fair question given you made a diamond ring your FB profile pic!

Jenski: Okay, one I did NOT make a diamond ring my FB profile pic, I reposted TO MY WALL a picture of rings that a friend had stolen and desperately wants back because her husband saved for the first 8 years of their marriage to get her the ring he really wanted to get her when they got married.

Second how much money do you think a grad student in Animal Sciences in the Midwest has in the bank after doing his undergrad education here and not being able to get federal loans because he is an international student?

Third, your comment is ridiculously insulting to me.

Fourth, nevermind me respecting our past and calling you when I get engaged. You'll find out on FB.
Maybe I brought this on myself by asking him to check his LinkedIn account because I thought it was spamming my hotmail account resulting in him taking advantage of the communication opening? On second thought, he really just is this ridiculous.

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

I say you just ignore him from here on out.

Jenski said...

Yeah. Consider it done. I changed a bunch of FB settings today. :-)

Aim said...

I'm sorry--I so wish I could have seen that on Facebook and not just here, because I'm LAUGHING MY ASS OFF. You probably didn't find it so humorous, but this totally started my day off with a good laugh. That has to be his best FB commenting yet...you can't make that stuff up. How can you cut him off? ;-)

Jenski said...

Aim, he at least had the discretion to send me a message and not post this on my wall. :-) As for the cutting off? I don't understand the question, but I just customized my privacy settings so he can't see my wall anymore.

Miss Bee said...

Carolyn has it right. You have been more than polite to this guy forever. Where does he get off?

Sparkling Red said...

I love the part where you tell him he'll find out on FB. Nice comeback! Repartee FTW!

Jenski said...

Molly, he isn't normal.

Spark, no kidding. I have always known I need to be clear with him. In response he wrote, "Are you serious?" Oiy.

Danielle said...

I'm laughing at the last comment, because I too, loved that you ended with the part about he'll just find out on FB now.

Ha! His response just makes it better.