Last year I gave up the FB for Lent, and it was good. The biggest "problem" was that CF was still on it all the time, so when I wanted to get up and do something on the weekend, he wanted to check FB first. This year, I am not really feeling it. I do not really feel like thinking of something I can sacrifice because at the moment I feel like my life is pretty lame anyway. Might as well not make it any lamer by limiting something I enjoy. Yeah I get that that is the point of sacrifice, but I guess this year I am feeling too sorry for myself to give something up. I might use Lent as an excuse to limit my FB, but I am so busy in lab right now, that I am not really wasting time online like I was last year...
...If only I could get myself to do some work when I get home. When you are gone for ~12 hours a day though, it is tough. Off to get to bed early so I can leave early before all the people who don't know how to drive on slippery roads get on the slippery roads in the morning. K. I am done with the rambling.
P.S. After my last post, I got a check in the mail from the Treasury. I think this means that they think I paid too much in taxes. Yay for getting money back; boo for it making it more complicated to amend my taxes because I got a long forgotten W2 in the mail long after I had filed my taxes. Such is life.
4 comments:
I've never given up anything on purpose to atone for my sins. I haven't even fasted on Yom Kippur. I figure that I punish myself enough through guilt when I know I've done something wrong (or not tried as hard as I could have), and adding further punishment on top of that would only be self-destructive.
Since I was a kid, we have been taught that we can observe Lent through prayer, fasting and almsgiving. If you are looking for an alternative, would you like to try a new practice to celebrate Lent instead? 15-minute meditation? Reading the Bible for a few minutes? You crochet, right? Would it be calming to work on a prayer shawl for a few minutes in the evening (http://www.shawlministry.com/)?
I gave up giving something up for lent long ago...
Spark, I think that is how I am feeling.
Bee, thanks for the ideas! Maybe the first few days of Lent will have to be figuring out what to do. Reflective may be the way to go this year.
Ron, do you give up giving something up every year? ;-)
Post a Comment