15 March 2011

Satisfied for now

I do not really spend a lot of money, but do have a new found drive to spend less to save more/anything. To satisfy my desire to shop, I got to buy the following to be worn in my brother's wedding (as a bridesmaid).
Get this - the dress has pockets. For real. My future sister-in-law requested nude-colored heels, I immediately stopped at shoe stores on the way home to satiate said desire to shop. I figured a nice dressy pair of pumps can certainly be worn again! These I got at Nine West, whose shoes apparently run big because I tried on a size 7 in a different shoe for the first time since sometime in high school.
Now, they are comfortable from what I can tell, and even more so if I put on nylons so my feet are not sticky. I am a little concerned about summer weather swollen feet, but the wedding is in side and the next size up was way to big on my smaller foot. My questions to regular heel-wearers out there though: Can heels ever be completely comfortable? I mean, these are okay, but I have been wearing them around the house and then the balls of my feet hurt.

I really liked the sales guy. He was a really good sales guy too. I came THIS close to buying a bag, and it was tough not to buy this REALLY cute pair of red pumps that were similar. Or the cork ones. They would have been only $25, but luckily for my wallet, they did not fit as good as these did. I have been thinking about the red ones ever since though...

5 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Cute dress and no, heels are never comfortable... achem... I mean I wouldn't know... ummm... but I'm assuming....

Silva said...

I honestly think heels can be comfortable and this seems especially true for Aerosoles ones and wedges ;)

Jenski said...

Ron, I am sure you hear women complain all the time about heels. ;-)

Silva, I totally thought of you when I was shopping! We don't have an Aerosoles at the outlets up the road. :-(

Sparkling Red said...

I am jealous of women who can be comfortable in high heels. I can't tolerate anything higher than around 1.5" - my lower back and my feet complain bitterly.

Those pumps are very sleek. I wish I could have seen the red ones!

Jenski said...

Spark, I don't know if it's just an excuse, but I started wondering if my feet are too small for my height and heels - as if my weight puts too much pressure on one place. Who knows. The red pumps were lovely; I couldn't find a picture online.