I know that there were things about my ex that just didn't work for me. I will also defend our relationship and say that there were lots of good times, the memories of which made me keep thinking maybe it would work itself out. Then there was the long drawn out break up that should have been shorter. The past couple of weeks exemplify so beautifully why it would have never. ever. worked itself out, and although dating is getting old already, it makes me happy that I am out there.
A little over a week ago, I got an email from my ex asking if I wanted to go to the south of France for a week, drink wine, relax, he would buy my ticket, and he was leaving Sunday. I declined and was heading out of town to visit friends anyway. I get a message SATURDAY that he was at the airport calling to say hi before he got on the plane.
Since then, I have received emails from him in different cities throughout Europe, not just the south of France. He said his passport will be full by the time he gets back. A French guy at a cafe in Amsterdam finally made my ex realize I was not the problem, that he was. His friend in Berlin said hi. He took a photograph of me with him on his trip. He was looking at it on the train, and emailed me a picture of the picture of me on the train. Sad. I did not respond to most of the emails.
One email mentioned that he had joined the same online matching service that I had to see if we would get matched up. I figured it would never happen, given the age limits, excluding his race (bad I know, but give me a break), and other very important things I have set up for my profile (like wanting kids or being spiritual). Today it happened. I need to learn profanities in other languages to hurl at the computer next time something like this happens. There are not enough profanities in the English language. His name and town showed up and I thought it could not be. But it was. I was so angry I was shaking and did not even hear what my office mates were saying to me. It got even better. He lied in his profile. We were matched because he lied. I know this because I have known him for four years now! His age. That he never smokes. That he drinks maybe once a week. It says he is Christian, which is how he was raised, but he does not believe in anything spiritual. He kept telling me that he had realized he did want kids, but his profile says 'maybe'. It says that one of his life skills is being a good friend and companion...Maybe for someone other than me. I do not really want to talk about it, as there is nothing really to say. But some of you out there can thank God now. You thought it was really over before, but now it is really, really over.
Oh, yeah. I emailed him to tell him to stop emailing me and that this whole match thing was the icing on the cake. He emailed to ask why I was so angry. He is a true Jacka**.
jnmhmmmtr5vvv (that is from the kitty who is staying with me for a couple of weeks. He wants my hands on him instead of the keyboard, so he just plopped his head right on top of my typing fingers.)
4 comments:
Double yikes.
Name a time and place for food/coffee/drink. I am amenable.
heavens to betsy... dude has issues in a terrible way. i don't think anyone's happy that he's acting like a dipsh*t, though... not cool.
i'm kinda shocked that he could go through all of the questions and get to the point where he would match with you... that's inSANE. does the guy not get it?!
so angry on your behalf....
Thanks, ladies. Don't forget the part where we were more likely to get matched in the first place because he LIED about stuff. Oiy...On to better things though! :)
!!!
What a jerk. I can't believe he lied.
I also can't quite believe how he is/was holding a torch for you.
BTW, where the heck does that phrase come from, anyway.
I feel for you.
Post a Comment