POLL: How to close out the online dating?
Send last message to one interesting guy, close the rest. | 3 (50%) |
Just close all the matches and be done with it | 0 (0%) |
Leave 'em open. Who knows when you'll want to jump back in to the online dating thing? | 1 (16%) |
Close 'em all. Leave 'em all open. Whatever. Just pick a different service next time. | 2 (33%) |
Poll closed
***************************
Apparently, unless I explicitly cancel my membership to the online dating service of choice, it auto-renews. So I've turned that matching right back on until February 28th. That's right. One more month of this crap. ;) Yesterday I got 8 matches that weren't all that impressive. Is that mean? I really just mean they weren't the kind of guy I'm looking for.
Closed matches: 513
That's right, there are at least 513 men in my area that this service thinks I might be interested in, but it just hasn't worked out. That is a LOT of men.
2 comments:
I'm still amazed at how many men you can 'go through' and still not meet a guy for keeps. Just amazing. Of course, some of them might look bad on paper and be much better in person.... but still, just really surprising. I keep thinking, what if you'd had to go through that many without a dating service? Just crazy to fathom.
I know...I am pretty relaxed with some of my requirements, but can still get up to 8 matches a day?! They live within 60 miles probably and not alllll in the city, but still. That's a lot of single people out there, even if you take into account some number of people who lie! :)
Post a Comment