When you live in reaction, you give your power away. Then you get to experience what you gave your power to. -N. SmithSo I get a thought of the day from the magazine Real Simple. With a name like that, these thoughts should be, well, simple, and this was not that simple. This one was very apropos given my attempt to deal with negativity at work. Just goes to show I should keep fighting the battles I choose!
My friend and I just went for a TWO HOUR walk. She and I never run out of things to talk about! She was three years ahead of my in my program, I think, is now a post-doc, and are fairly recent friends. We live within 1/2 mile of each other. She is a very open and honest person, and that makes it really easy to be friends with her. A lot of how I deal with graduate school I attribute to bits of wisdom she has shared with me. She wants to write a book and has a million book ideas. Tonight, we decided we will start writing a book. About grad school. We have to email ideas to each other tonight and will meet about it over lunch on Saturday. This will be great! I don't think we should try to do much but write it until my advisor lets me graduate though...
P.S. Thanks for all your comments recently! I swear I will respond...eventually. I have homework to do!
4 comments:
A book?! Will I get a discount when it's published? I bet you could write a whole chapter about me!! I'll start pulling together all the notes on my life for the upcoming interview...
You're lucky to have a good friend who lives so close. And you plan to write a book together? Go for it! I love the idea. :-)
A book on grad school would be really helpful to a lot of people, I bet.
Ron, I'll even sign a copy for you!
Spark, it should be fun! It is nice to have her close by.
Aurora, I am thinking it will be therapeutic for me too (hopefully).
Post a Comment