08 July 2008

The one thing I truly hate about New England

This weather is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. 90 degrees. Humid. Thunderstorms predicted, but no end in site.

In the winter, you can always put more clothes on. In the summer, you can only take so much off and still go out in public.

In other news, something crazy is going on at work. I can't really say anything, because I don't know anything, but something happened at the end of the day when I was at a different event. I am really curious, but am not sure I will be able to find out what happened. I did call my friend who is a year ahead of me in lab to make sure she was okay. I told her whatever happened, my impression was that she could not say anything, and that was fine. BUT, I wanted her to know if she needed anything, to let me know. Her fiance is out of town, so even if she wanted company! She said she would be in tomorrow, so that is a good sign. Sorry to be vague, but I don't want to end up in whatever mess is happening, particularly because I don't now what it is.

Not to belabor the point, but DOWN WITH THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY. GROSS.

3 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

OMG!! My worst fears are true!! I bet you were genetically engineering squirrels and something went horribly wrong. Right now everyone is trying to cover up the loss of a flesh eating squirrel with close to human intelligence that broke loose and is carrying a grudge against everyone involved in the torturous experiments he was subjected to!!! I knew it... Well I'm sort of guessing, but I bet I'm not far off.

Sparkling Red said...

Blech indeed. The weather is sort of like that here, although I get to not care so much because I FINALLY live in a home that has central A/C. LUXURY!!

Miss Bee said...

That sounds very ominous. The heat and the lab stuff. I hope everyone is okay...