28 March 2008

The 3 lists I have going

I have a planner that I go through periods of using a lot. When I am really busy, I do plan ahead in it for lab to use my time efficiently; I also write down what I have done that day in case I need to know.

In the front, I have three big sticky notes. They have lines and are great for keeping track of non-everyday things I want to do. I have been known to put grocery shopping on there just to cross it off though. One is for Lab, one is for student council stuff, and one is for Life.My life list is the longest. Sad but true. One of the things on that list is to finish my photo album/scrap book from the year I spent in China. I have been back for almost SIX full years now. I was thinking if I got my butt in gear, I could do a page, scan it, and post it. I still have not gotten that far. Here are some fun pictures though. I did not have a digital camera at the time, but another teacher did and was really great about taking pictures of me and emailing them. This first one is me ordering one of the best street food snacks ever. It was a thin crepe-like pancake with an egg, a crunchy thing, scallions, and oyster sauce.
This is me in my qipao I had made. I also paid a lot of money to have it remade when I got back and it is gorgeous. I have only worn it once - to a friend's black tie "optional" wedding. The roses were given to me by a friend for my birthday. That blue top Nalgene I bought in Australia and has also been to Africa with me.This is a picture of the street outside of our building with the big sandstorm that came through that year. I lived in Beijing and the sand made it all the way to Taiwan.My roommate and her boyfriend are yelling at me because they started a movie and just stopped it for me and found out I'm posting and not sending a very important email. Gotta go!

4 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Traveling is on my list of things to do whenever I get time and someone to go with me.

Danielle said...

I love your dress you had made. I'd love to see a full on shot of you in it. I bought a "shirt" that was asian influenced and is some sort of wine-colored really satiny material (I'm not sure if it is silk or satin), with embroidery of asian-looking flower designs in silver and gold. I really love it and wear it anytime there is a wedding that is fancy enough to warrant it.

Sparkling Red said...

I love the qipao. Not only is it beautiful, but it sounds like a kick-ass kung-fu move.

QIPAO!

Jenski said...

Ron, just go! It can be just as interesting by yourself and you don't have to worry about another person being happy.

Danielle, I'll have to see if I have a picture. [Molly, do you from that wedding?] I really like the collars on dressy Asian tops!

Spark, I can take people down in that dress. For sure.