Although my roommate may not classify herself as Christian because of her upbringing in the now former East Germany, it amazes me the extent to which major Christian holidays are observed. Easter, for example is a HUGE doing, albeit in a slightly secular manner. This is how we have started getting ready for Easter.
Usually they mix forsythia and pussy willow, but quickly looking around, pussy willow is not to be found easily and she already had the faux-forsythia.

She also bought this cool kit with clay eggs and water color paints. This is the egg that I painted (the picture was already drawn on it).

How much do you think the kitty we will be watching will love those hanging things? We have plans to blow out eggs and paint on the real thing too.
Plus she sent her niece in Germany lots of fun stuff...and the Cadbury mini-eggs were on sale and she had a coupon, so we have some staying here in the States with us.
I also bought myself tulips the other day. Maybe not always associated with Easter, but certainly spring. I like 'em!
9 comments:
Ha you said pussy willow! Happy easter!
Lovely colourful pictures :-) I love excuses (and time) to make crafts. Mmm, Easter, excuse for chocolate...
My sister and I still like to have Easter egg fun, even if with Pas dyes. My mom loves hiding them so much, and my sister loves beating me looking during the annual egg hunt, so why say no? We always have kielbasa and a soupy mess of rye bread, chopped hard-boiled eggs, kielbasa, ham, buttermilk and horseradish, which has a name that I can't spell and which sounds a lot more yucky than it is. And various babka and filled breads. Easter might be my favorite. The chocolate helps, too. ;o)
I love the egg-and-flower display. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your springly beauty.
Ah, now I see what the Easter preparations entailed. Painting the eggs sounds like fun. I've never blown out eggs before, but I've seen really gorgeous versions.
I'm looking forward to deviled eggs. They are one of my favorites.
Hard to believe that this Sunday is Palm Sunday! Where did the time go?
i love love love decorating for easter even though I don't celebrate it in the "traditional" way. Yay for easter eggs. this year i'm doing metallic.
Unsigned, I think I smiled to myself when I wrote it.
Aurora, more crafty stuff to come!
Molly, nothing like good Polish soul food. :)
Spark, thanks! It's been nice to have spring colors in the house along with the sun.
Danielle, time didn't go anywhere, spring holidays are SUPER early! Do you make deviled eggs from the decorated ones?
Maxie, metallic eggs? I'm intrigued...
I love that clay egg! So cute - where did she get them?
Victoria, I am pretty they came from the Christmas Tree Shops.
Post a Comment