Tonight? Fondue and wine restaurant!
Tomorrow? 4-year old's birthday party (i.e. my niece's with whom I share my birthday) and my first Seder ever.
Sunday? Bridal shower and an evening at home.
Monday? Boston Marathon party. At least it will be warm and sunny this year!
I will leave you with the Daily Inspirational Though I received today in my email (and from a couple of days ago). Very appropriate as my office mates were just talking about how we could all make our office a little more positive. I feel really bad for one of the first years, as he said he is not sure if he is unhappy because it is grad school or unhappy because of the negativeness. :(
Happiness is never stopping to think if you are.— Palmer Sondreal
4 comments:
Have a great time and get plenty of pictures.
It sounds like quite a whirlwind. The dinner and the party sound terrific. I had forgotten that the Boston marathon is coming up. Are you hosting a party because your place is on or near the route? That would be neat.
It _is_ sad about the first year grad student being unhappy. It can be hard when you are in that in-between - not finished and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel phase. And to be around those people can be just as hard. I hope that you guys can turn your environment around.
Maybe you need the purple bracelet thing I heard about on the news. You wear a purple bracelet on one wrist, and whenever you complain or whine, you move it to your other wrist. The goal is to be able to leave it on one wrist for 21 days. Evidently, it is a minister who came up with the idea.
http://www.complaintfreeworld.org/
I thought it was an interesting idea and am debating about doing it.
Enjoy the Ceder!
I like that inspirational thought. I believe that it is true.
Ron, will do!
Danielle, busy is good. My friend's friend lives on the marathon route, so that's where the party is. The bracelet thing is a great idea!
Spark, I had to think about what the saying meant and then realized and agree that it totally makes sense.
Post a Comment